Career & Educational Resources
CAREER READINESS RESOURCES
- Construction Career Pathways – MN: The Construction Careers Pathway (CCP) Alliance is part of a collaborative effort to provide year-round construction career exploration opportunities for Minnesota youth. It is the intent of the CCP Alliance to provide work-based learning exposure starting in middle school and concluding with a career in the Minnesota construction industry. It also is the intent to have an outreach emphasis given to females and members of minority and immigrant groups who historically have been underrepresented in the construction industry.
- Vocational Trade Schools in Minnesota: Minnesota’s economy is supported by a strong manufacturing sector, a growing mining industry and the wind power industry. Demand for skilled workers remains steady and is projected to continue to grow as more companies in Minnesota branch out into the clean technology sector and build data and operations centers in major cities throughout the state. Vocational and trade programs available in Minnesota provide comprehensive training with a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on practice. This guide provides information about Minnesota vocational and trade schools, career paths for graduates and resources for skilled workers entering the workforce.
- 2022 Best Trade Schools in Minnesota: Explore the top trade schools in your area based on key statistics and student reviews using data from the U.S. Department of Education. List includes vocational schools, technical colleges, and 2-year schools with a focus on a skilled trade.
- Minnesota Private Colleges
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Summer Nudging: Summer Nudging is a program designed to help college-bound students successfully enter into college in the fall after high school graduation through weekly text messages, or “nudges.” This is to help prevent “summer melt,” which is described by the statistic that “1 in 5 college bound students fail to matriculate in the fall.”
COLLEGE/MILITARY VISITS 2021-2022:
- October 19 – Hibbing Community College @ 1:30 in the Commons Area
- October 25 – University of Wisconsin Superior @
- November 16 – Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College @ 12:00 in the Commons Area