Elementary Distance Learning
Distance Learning For Elementary Students:
- Classroom teachers will communicate distance learning platforms and plans with families by Friday, March 27. Platforms being utilized include Google Classroom, Seesaw, Class Dojo, and private classroom Facebook pages.
- Spring break will be extended from Wednesday, March 18 through Friday, March 27 for students. From March18-20, all Wrenshall Staff Members will be working together to provide a plan of action to educate all students with an alternative delivery method if needed.
- Students will receive their assignments from their classroom teacher via the platform communicated to them on the first day of distance learning, March 30.
- If students do not have access to Wi-fi at home, we will either give them printed packets in advance to complete or mail the homework to them. We may also be able to arrange a pick-up site for families. Parents/guardians will receive information on how they will be receiving materials.
- Students are expected to connect with their classroom teacher daily through the platform communicated to them as a means of earning credit for attendance. Teachers will make contact with families if students are not keeping up with assignments.
- Students may be given a Chromebook and charging cord to borrow if they do not have a device at home. Families must complete the Wrenshall Schools Device Checkout Contract before borrowing a device.
- Instructions to students and families will be clear and simple so they do not become overwhelmed. Tasks will be created in order for students to be successful.
- When school is closed, all sporting events, overnight trips, after school activities, and evening activities will also be cancelled.